Home Insurance

Your home is your most valuable asset, and should be protected as such. When your home is damaged or destroyed, you need your claim settled by an insurance company that understands the importance of the place you call home.

Sentinel Assurance Group can help you find homeowners insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.

Whether you own or rent, insuring the place you call home can help protect you financially if you suffer a loss due to fire, theft, vandalism, or other covered events. It will also cover you in the event someone is injured while on your property and wins a legal judgment against you.

Homeowners insurance policies differ by which losses are covered, which coverages you choose, and what type of residence you own. You choose which policy is best for you, whether it’s a comprehensive policy that cover losses such as fire, hail, smoke, falling objects, vandalism and theft of personal property, or whether it’s a policy that covers only specified losses.

Important Home Insurance Coverages

These are some common coverages you typically see on a policy:


This is the portion of your policy that covers the actual structure (main house). The cost to replace your home can fluctuate from time to time based on the cost of raw material and labor, and of course, supply and demand.

We’ll run a replacement cost analysis on your home to see how much it would actually cost if the worst happened and you had to rebuild.

Other Structures

This covers any structure on your property that is not permanently attached to your house, like fencing, driveways, sidewalks, and detached buildings like sheds and garages. Usually this coverage is 10% of whatever your Dwelling limit is, but can be increased if you need more coverage.

Personal Property

This covers all of your personal belongings like clothing, furniture, electronics, and appliances. Basically anything that would fall out of your house if you turned it upside down and shook out the contents.  This is usually 50-70% of your Dwelling limit.

Additional Living Expenses/Loss of Use

This covers your living expenses if you need to live somewhere else temporarily because your primary home is uninhabitable due to a loss.  This is usually around 20% of your Dwelling limit.

Personal Liability

This covers legal expenses in the event you’re responsible for injuries or property damage.  We usually recommend $300,000 to $500,000 or higher.

Medical Expenses

This covers medical expenses for guests if they are injured on your property, and in certain cases covers people who are injured off of your property. It does not cover health care costs for you or other members of your household.  This is usually between $1000-$5,000.

Optional Home Insurance Endorsements

These are additional coverages that can be added to your Homeowners policy for an additional premium.  We will work with you to determine which additional coverages best meet your needs.

Backup Sewer & Water

This covers the cost of cleanup, refinishing and replacement of your personal property in your underground basement level in the event water is discharged or overflows from your sewer or drains.  This can be added as an endorsement to the standard Homeowners policy.

Extended Replacement Cost

This endorsement will add an additional amount of dwelling cost should your home need to be rebuilt.  Most of the time this will be an additional amount of 25-50% of the Dwelling coverage.

Service Line Coverage

As the homeowner, you’re responsible for all of the underground utility lines that run underneath your property.  This includes cable lines, water pipes and power lines that connect to your home.  We will help you determinie if this is an additional coverage that is recommended.

Identity Theft Coverage

Many of the companies we work with now offer an identity theft coverage option to cover the costs associated with recovery in the event your ID is stolen.

Equipment Breakdown

This is an endorsement that covers electrical and mechanical breakdown.  It covers most equipment and built-in systems in your home including your HVAC, water heater, washer & dryer and refrigerators & freezers. We will help you determine if this is an additional coverage that is recommended.

Scheduled Personal Property Coverage

Certain types of personal property may be limited in your standard homeowners policy, but with this endorsement, you can raise the limit for each type of property in the event they are lost, stolen or damaged.  These property types can include: Jewely, Electronics, Furs, Firearms, Musical Instruments, Fine Art & Expensive Antiques.

Renters Insurance

Renters insurance protects your belongings in your apartment, condo or home.  In the event they are damaged or stolen, this covers the cost to replacement.  Renters insurance will also cover the cost of temporary living expenses while awaiting repairs on your rental.

Sentinel Assurance Group can help you find renters insurance that will best meet your needs and provide the most valuable combination of tailored coverage, quality service and competitive pricing.

Other Insurance

Rosemount Business Insurance

Business Insurance

General Liability, Workers Compensation & Commercial Auto.  Everything you need to keep your business running smoothly.

Auto Insurance

Personal auto insurance to fit your family’s needs. 

Rosemount Life Insurance

Life Insurance

We help you determine which life insurance product will work best for you now and in the future

Put You & Your Family in Good Hands

Get In Touch

Contact us today for an insurance review or quote!